POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Endless Fibonacciness (90KB) : Re: Endless Fibonacciness (90KB) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Endless Fibonacciness (90KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 7 Sep 2000 19:59:18
Message: <39B82A95.674E7A2E@online.no>
Alf Peake wrote:

> I like this too Tor.

Thank you.

> Now try playing with the 3rd dimension ;-)

I don't know how to make a 3D dimensional
Fibonacci pattern.

Or do you mean patterns like leaf arrangements
on the Fibonacci link you posted ?

> I don't know how you find the time to produce this stuff. I'm retired
> and still haven't got the time to do what I want :(

There are two main reasons for me allocating
much time for POV-ing

The first one is that I like challenges. At present
I don't meet many of them in my current job.
And because I would be bored without them,
I have to make my own ones.

I find POV-Ray a very rewarding environment
within to try out solutions to the ideas I get.

The second reason is that I am used to live in a
city where I have a lot of people I know around
me.

But now I work 5 days a week on a little island
where I know few people. (There are not many
places to meet people here either.) I like to stay
up VERY late and that's not a good thing here,
because the whole island "close down" at 10 in
the evening :(

And because of this I find little else to do in the
evenings (nights), other than raytracing and a
few other hobbies.

That's why !

Tor Olav
--